Saptari : At high as 24 children were taken ill after consuming food items prepared in a Madrasa at Rajbiraj-4 in Saptari district.

It is said that the entire meal prepared for children in the Madrasa hostel on Saturday evening was poisoned after a lizard fell in the meal and the children were served the same for lack of information about it.

The District Police Office, Saptari, said that those students taken critically ill are receiving treatment in Gajendra Narayan Singh Sagarmath Zonal Hospital in Rajbiraj. RSS